As a successful orthodontist in the area, Dr. King gives back to the very individuals that have created his success! These are family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, and businessmen.
IN OUR SCHOOLS
- "READ TO ME” A program created by a local elementary school that invites professionals to come and read to their students in an endeavor to encourage young ones to reach out academically. This is something he has enjoyed, though he gave up early morning hours on his day off!
- G.R.I.N. – Grades Really Improving Now. This program is open to all local elementary schools. Dr. King has put into place an incentive program for students who struggle. There are students who, despite their best efforts, continually struggle for passing grades. This program is intended to assure them that they are believed in and can succeed with perseverance. Teachers set the standard of improvement, since they are in the best position to observe a child’s effort. The G.R.I.N. award is presented to each selected student by Dr. King, which includes a certificate of achievement, school-related gifts, a party lunch at the school, and a special surprise.
- HEALTH CLASS – In response to a local middle school health class teacher who is trying to reinforce good dental hygiene, Dr. King regularly donates valuable treatment certificates for her rewards program. The certificates entitle students to receive a FREE exam, diagnostic models, panoramic X-rays, and consultation, which are honored at our office at any time.
- SCHOOL SPORTS PROGRAMS – Each year local elementary and middle schools are reminded that FREE custom mouthguards will be provided for any student who participates in a sports program that requires one. No student will go without proper protection while Dr. King is in town!
- SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS – Dr. King has created many partnerships with local schools: sponsoring classrooms and rewards programs, and providing emergency orthodontic/dental supplies to every school nurse.
IN THE COMMUNITY
- DNA PROTECTION PROGRAM – Annually, Dr. King sponsors his DNA program for children and teens, using the John Walsh endorsed DNA kit. Any parent can bring children to our office and receive FREE DNA sampling (non-invasive, using only a DNA swab), not to mention some of the finest food contributed by local establishments. The Jupiter Police Department has graciously accepted Dr. King’s invitation to be present each year to provide FREE photo IDs, which they update annually at no charge. Dr. King also invites the local firefighters to attend with one of their fire trucks for children to enjoy. Providing this visual treat is only an introduction for them to meet the very people who may someday help them or even save their lives. It is indeed an incredibly rewarding event for all.
- PROJECT SAFE PLACE – This program for protecting children in crisis situations has welcomed Dr. King as a partner. Knowing the breadth of his community involvement and the level of trust he has earned from so many was the motivation for his invitation as a Safe Place representative.
- C.O.A.S.T. – Another program dedicated to the nurturing and protection of teens, Creating Opportunities, Sports, and Adventures for Teens is what the name stands for, and that is exactly what happens! Dr. King sponsors the annual summer swim party for all local teens. Kids are able to scuba dive (with certified instructors), dance all night, eat until their hearts are content (if that is even possible for teenagers!), and participate in dive and swim contests, not to mention winning all kinds of gifts, from movie gift packs to MP3 players. He is always in attendance and cheers participants on. Ask to see photos of his hula-hoop competition!
- FOOD FOR FAMILIES – Each and every year, Dr. King partners up with all of his patients in collecting food for the Food For Families collection program. All food is donated to the needy, while children who bring items in are rewarded with extra wooden nickels to spend in our toy closet. “You want me to trade broccoli for a sticky lizard? YOU BET!!”
- SMILE IT FORWARD – Many families in this area know about Dr. King from family, friends, and school but there is more you should know. For years and without fanfare he has cared for the orthodontic needs of many in the community who are without means. Now there is an exciting program called SMILE IT FORWARD, which was launched early in 2013. This is a 1-for-10 program that provides completely FREE orthodontic treatment to families near or below the poverty level. Treatment includes exam, X-rays, braces, diagnostics, consultation, retainers, and follow-up care.
The goal is to provide help for children in real need. Simply print out the contract and income guidelines below to complete, take a head shot photo (5 X 7) with full smile and teeth showing, then email or mail to my office. (The 5 x 7 photo is a MUST.) Documents for proof of income can be handled by the family directly with our office.
GIRL SCOUTS OF SOUTH EAST FLORIDA
- This amazing organization is dedicated to helping young girls grow into productive and motivated adults. There are more than 15,000 Girl Scouts in South East Florida alone. The organization behind the girls welcomes community leaders to share information, knowledge, and expertise which will edify these eager young ones. Dr. King welcomes the opportunity and regularly provides educational instruction right here in his office. Scouts are welcomed and dress the part. With their dental jackets and gloves, they learn all about impressions and making models of their teeth, what an X-ray machine looks like and how it works. Among many other things, they get to see what is in all those mysterious drawers that are in an orthodontic office. Their lesson is simple: There is no room for fear in THIS orthodontic office. Click the video to the right and experience the fun during one of our tours.
- Here is just one review from a happy Girl Scout Troop that toured our office. “CAMPING TROOP XXXXX THOUGHT THIS WAS THE GREATEST THING. I HAD A FEW PARENTS ATTEND AND WE WERE ALL IMPRESSED. MY DAUGHTER IS A JUNIOR LEADER FOR A BROWNIE TROOP AND CAN’T WAIT TILL THEY GO, SO SHE CAN DO IT AGAIN. THANK YOU.”
- FLORIDA CLEFT PALATE – Dr. King is a member of the Florida Cleft Palate Association. His participation provides the rewarding privilege of helping young ones with very special needs to have a beautiful smile while building self-assurance and making friends along the way.
- CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED – Through various avenues, he is able to assist orthodontic treatment for underprivileged ones in need. This again is based on his unending determination to give back to those around him.
- HEARTS AND HOPE – Dr. King supports Hearts and Hope, Inc., a program dedicated to grief counseling for spouses and children who experience the loss of a loved one.
- PALM BEACH COUNTY AWARD – Dr. King was again this year nominated and selected for the GOLD level award for Health Care Professionals for the entire state of Florida. He was recognized in a local ceremony at the Kravis Center as well as the Grand Hyatt in Tampa. It is the highest possible honor to be recognized at the GOLD level award for School Business Partners.
- JUPITER TEQUESTA ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION – Since 1979, Dr. King has supported Jupiter Tequesta Athletic Program through sponsorships, parties, free custom mouthguards, and much more. Come visit our “JTAA Wall of Fame”!!!
- TRAVEL TEAMS – There are many sports travel teams that receive financial support from Dr. King, which makes their trips affordable and their new memories a pleasure.